Stress Testing Practices: Data, AI and Climate Risk London
Themes include; data, capital, AI, climate risk and revers stress testing.
Join us for this engaging, informative two day training course where industry experts will cover in detail the most important features, themes and best practice approaches to stress testing.
Sessions will include a detailed look at data management, reverse stress testing, capital allocation, AI and stress testing climate risk.
What will you learn?
- Best practice approaches management in stress testing
- Utilising AI and machine learning for stress testing
- Develop a framework for stress testing climate risk
- Understanding of stress testing non-financial risk
- Learnings from insurers reverse stress testing and how these can be leveraged for banks
- Understanding how to create and quantify stress test scenarios
Who should attend?
Relevant departments may include but are not limited to:
- Stress Testing
- Market Risk
- Capital Management
- Internal Audit
- Model Risk
- Credit Risk
- Non-financial risk
- Regulatory update and building a stress testing framework
- Scenario design
- AI and machine learning for enhancing stress testing
- Data for stress testing and leveraging its value
- Stress testing impact on capital allocation
- Stress testing for non-financial risk
- Reverse stress testing for insurers - learnings for banks
- Preparation: stress testing for climate risk
Market risk stress testing
James is an accomplished financial services risk and treasury practitioner with over 20 years’ experience of building tools and processes, and using them to motivate balance sheet and risk profile changes. He led Risk Analytics, Credit Portfolio Risk Management and Liquidity Modelling teams in a major UK bank, before joining Baringa Partners to lead their Risk Advisory practice. James now works with a wide range of FS clients to support them in understanding and delivering strategic change to their risk management capabilities. Bringing together Baringa’s Energy and FS capabilities, James has increasingly worked with UK banks and insurers to support them in building climate change risk management capabilities.
Vassilis is a Senior Risk Specialist specialising in Non-Financial risk management. He has over 13 years’ experience in the Banking and Capital Markets sectors having previously worked at FCA, EY and globally significant Banks. Throughout his career he has been involved in the design and implementation of ICAAP frameworks, supervision of risk management practices of major UK financial institutions and development of capital calculation / optimization engines for credit and operational risk.
Sebastian leads the Credit Risk Methodology team within firm’s Quantitative Advisory Services. He specialises in quantitative analytics, credit risk modelling, macroeconomic forecasting, machine learning and data analytics. He has 11 years’ of quantitative analytics experience working for top tier UK and global banks, aerospace and defence, telecommunication and technology companies. Sebastian worked in credit risk modelling, model validation, and stress testing across retail and wholesale banking, as well as delivered a large scale data mining and machine learning projects.