Essentials of Operational Risk Hong Kong
This course will bring together operational risk professionals from across the region and provide an unmatched opportunity to learn about and discuss a wide diversity of operational hazards and the evolving thinking on how to handle them.
This course will bring together operational risk professionals from across the region and provide an unmatched opportunity to learn about and discuss a wide diversity of operational hazards. We will be analysing the ongoing challenges that institutions face and evaluating the best practice to manage operational risk. High-profile cyber-attacks, massive operational risk losses, conduct risk and the future of op risk modeling are the key highlights on the agenda.
- Utilising advanced technologies for AML detection and prevention
- Converging cyber security and technology risks with operational risk
- Building and strengthening conduct and risk culture
- Best practices in developing KRIs to prevent damaging risks
- Understanding vendor and third party risk management
- Addressing challenges in attracting and retaining talent in financial industry
What will you learn?
- How can data be controlled, efficiently delivered and kept transparent and auditable?
- How to manage the increasing treat of cyber attacks?
- How to ensure products and services are subject to proper assessment and approval procedures?
- How to retain talent in the financial industry?
- How to keep up with the growing demands for quicker and more detailed risk intelligence?
- How to utilise advanced technologies for AML detection and prevention?
- How to develop effective stress tests for operational risk?
- How to build and strengthen your conduct and risk culture?
- How to manage risk associated with third-party vendors?
Who should attend
Professionals working in the following disciplines from banks and asset management firms will benefit from attending this course.
Specific job titles may include but are not limited to:
- Global Head of Operational Risk
- Head of Group Operational Risk
- Head of Operational Risk
- Managing Directors, Directors, Vice Presidents and Associates within Operational Risk
- Operational Risk Manager
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Chief Risk Officer
- Head of Risk Management
- Head of Risk Control
- Risk Manager
- Head of Corporate Governance
- Fraud Managers
- Fraud Directors
- Compliance Directors
- Head of Operational Risk Modelling
- Business Risk Manager
- Internal Auditors