Head of operational risk management, Asia pac
Responsible for ORM in Asia Pac, covering 4 offices, and 10+ markets.
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. We provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign currencies
Previously Managing Director, Finance, Asia Pacific Citibank
- Co-Head- Product Control Asia Pacific
- Responsible for Product Control in 12 countries 200+ staff. Supporting the Markets business, as well trading or derivative activities in the Private and Consumer Banks.
- 23 years with Citibank in a range of roles, including CFO of Citibank Trinidad and Tobago, Barbados, Bahamas and the Eastern Caribbean
- Prior to that, 2 years with Macquarie Bank, and 6 years with Coopers & Lybrand (now PWC), including offshore posting.
- 25+ years Financial Markets experience.
- Australian Chartered Accountant, Finsia Fellow, BBus (accounting)
Head of compliance for global markets, global banking and custody services
Claire Shelswell is a French and Australian national with 20+ years’ experience in global institutional banks, working in many risk focussed areas. More recently Claire has chosen Compliance to be her ‘home’ and is enjoying the challenges brought daily by navigating the grey areas of the law. Claire is currently Head of compliance for Global Markets, Global Banking and Custody Services at HSBC Australia.
Chief Risk Officer
David leads the Risk Management division which covers Risk, Global Regulation and WHS, and is QIC's Chief Risk Officer. He is responsible for QIC’s enterprise and strategic Risk Management Framework (RMF). David’s team provides services to and monitors all investment teams and business divisions across QIC.
David is a member of QIC’s Executive Committee and participates at QIC’s Board, Audit Committee and Risk Committee. He is the Chair of QIC’s Risk & Valuations Sub-Committee, the WHS Committee and several Working Groups and Steering Committees.
David is also a Director with QIC’s wholly owned subsidiary, QIC European Investment Services Limited (QEIS UK) and a number of QIC's wholly owned U.S and Australian subsidiaries. He reports directly to the CEO and meets regularly with the Chairs of the QIC and QEIS Boards and Chair of the Risk Committee.
David was admitted as a barrister and solicitor of the Supreme Courts of Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria (as well as the High Court of Australia) in 1998.
David joined QIC in 2007 and previously worked in the corporate and financial services divisions of Clayton Utz in Sydney, and Linklaters in London and Tokyo, followed by four years in the Financial Services Group of Macquarie Bank in Sydney.