Non-financial Risk Management NY
This two day training course will provide attendees with best practice approaches to governance and creating effective NFR and ERM frameworks and cover new and emerging areas of non-financial risk.
Risk’s two day Non-Financial Risk Management training will delve into approaches to building frameworks for enterprise risk and non-financial risk along with sessions in important aspects of what these frameworks will need to consider such as third party vendor risk, cyber and IT risk and business continuity with links to operational resilience.
What Will You Learn?
- Best practice approaches to non- financial risk governance and the various types of non-financial risk
- How to create and manage effective NFR and ERM frameworks
- Steps to manage operational resilience and strengthen existing mitigating frameworks
- How to define and assess risk culture and manage conduct risk within your organisation
- How to understand and capitalise on the relationship between cyber risk and IT
- Approaches to outsourcing/vendor risk management
Who Should Attend?
Relevant departments may include but are not limited to:
- Operational risk
- The third line of defence
- Business resilience
- Operational resilience
- Non-financial risk
- Third party risk
- Enterprise risk
- Conduct risk
- Internal audit
- Non-Financial Risk: Background, Governance and Types
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Creating and Implementing a Non-Financial Risk Framework
- Operational Resilience
- Conduct Risk and Risk Culture
- Cyber Risk and InfoSec
- Outsourcing and Third-Party Risk Management
- Data Analytics
Managing Director- Group Operational Risk Management & Business Continuity
Aengus Hallinan is Managing Director and Global Head of IB Operational Risk at Credit Suisse, based in New York where he is also Regional Head of Operational Risk for the Americas. Mr Hallinan joined Credit Suisse in May 2014. Prior to that he worked for 19 years at UBS in a variety of roles in Equities, most recently as Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer for Global Equity Derivatives. Mr Hallinan began his career at Swiss Bank Corporation in London and has substantial international experience having been based in London, Tokyo, Hong Kong and New York.
Senior Vice President for Operational Risk Oversight
Kellie Bickenbach is Fannie Mae’s Senior Vice President for Operational Risk Oversight, and reports to the Chief Risk Officer. She is responsible for overseeing implementation of enterprise-wide operational risk programs, advising executive management and the Board on operational risk management matters. Kellie leads non-financial second line risk teams, including Technology, Third Party, Operational, Model risk management as well as governance, risk and compliance technology integrated solutions .
Kellie most recently served as Chief Risk Officer for Finastra (formerly D+H Corporation), a FinTech solutions provider to over 9,000 clients globally. At Finastra, Kellie established the Second Line of Defense with accountability for all aspects of security (information, cyber, privacy, and physical), Enterprise Risk Management, third-party risk management, business continuity, health and safety, and regulatory services working closely with key stakeholders such as U.S. regulators and the D+H board of directors. Previous to Finastra, Kellie was Chief Risk Officer for US Bancorp’s Technology and Operations Services division where she was responsible for developing and implementing modern risk and compliance management commensurate with regulatory expectations to ensure the safety and soundness of the bank’s technology, business resiliency, third parties, and back-office operations including mortgage servicing. Prior to this, she was with Bank of America in progressive leadership roles in business, operations, and risk management. Kellie also worked early in her career as a management consultant for Arthur D. Little before transitioning to the financial services industry.
Education: Kellie has a BS in Accounting and Business Administration from the College of Charleston, in
Charleston, SC and an MBA from The Citadel.
Enterprise Risk Management- Audit Manager
Signature Bank New York
Gemini Yadav is a risk management and Internal Audit professional with over 17 years of progressive experience in the financial services in New York and Tokyo. Gemini is currently working as an Enterprise Risk Management- Audit Manager at the Signature Bank New York. Gemini also teaches Enterprise Risk Management at Columbia University and New York University.
As a Risk, Treasury and Lending audit manager, she provides assurance to the first line business areas and second line risk functions, and provides leadership, expertise, and mentoring to senior auditors in conducting audits, validate regulatory issues and provides continuous risk monitoring. She contributes to Internal Audit’s risk assessment of the Bank’s risk and business functions, that forms the basis of the annual audit plan. She is responsible for providing assurance for the Risk functions (Market and Liquidity Risk, Model Risk, Operational Risk, Vendor Risk); business areas such as Credit, Lending, Treasury, Foreign Exchange, Fund Banking; and relevant regulatory requirements.
In her previous role, Gemini worked at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York in an Enterprise Risk Oversight role and as Head of Risk Reporting. Gemini’s experience includes development and implementation of an enterprise risk management program; risk frameworks standards and best practices; governance and risk infrastructure; conducting risk assessments, risk prioritization, and leading enterprise-wide risk projects. She possesses keen insight and experience with risk assessment, analysis and escalation and reporting to the Board and Management Committee level Risk Committees. Gemini has experience liaising with the regulators from the Federal Reserve, Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), New York State Dept. Of Financial Services (NYSDFS) amongst others.
Gemini also worked at Lehman Brothers, Neuberger Berman and Barclays Capital as a business analyst and project manager in Asset and Wealth Management across operational risk and portfolio risk analytics processes and systems. Gemini has received several degrees including Master of Philosophy (MPhil.) in International Relations and a Graduate Certificate in Enterprise Risk Management from New York University.
Global Head Conduct Risk
Tanya joined Credit Suisse in January 2017 from Citi where she spent 16 years in various senior Business, Risk and Compliance roles; her most recent roles included the North America Head of Conduct Risk and Head of Risk Management Practices for the US & Latin America International Private Banking Business.
At Credit Suisse Tanya is the Global Conduct Risk Head focused on the continual development of the Global Conduct Risk Strategy. She is a regular speaker on Conduct Risk at the biannual risk.net training industry training forum. Tanya obtained a Masters in International Affairs from Columbia University in New York, NY in May 2000 and a Bachelor of Arts in International Careers from the Lehigh University in Bethlehem, PA.
partner in the risk & public policy practice
- Evan G. Sekeris is a Partner in the Risk & Public Policy practice of Oliver Wyman, based in Washington, D.C.. His areas of focus are stress testing, operational risk, and cyber risk. Evan’s background is in the measurement and quantification of credit risk and operational risk. His primary focus is currently on supporting institutions in building stress testing frameworks, developing their risk identification process and developing their model risk management frameworks.
- His projects include:
- Supporting a wide range of large global and regional banks with their CCAR frameworks, with a particular emphasis on their non financial risks.
- Developed a cyber risk quantification framework for a number of clients including a global financial institution and a fortune 250 industrial.
- Assessment and redevelopment of risk operating models and of 3LoD frameworks for various large global and regional banks.
- For a large internationally active US bank: supported major change of course in CCAR operational risk stress estimates a few months prior to submission in reaction to regulatory guidance.
- Supported the development of operational risk models for capital and stress testing purposes at more than 20 institutions worldwide.
- Prior to joining Oliver Wyman, Evan was the Head of Risk Consulting for Financial Institutions for Aon in Columbia, Maryland. He was in charge of building Aon’s risk consulting practice for financial institutions and managed multiple teams based in North America and Europe to deliver services to clients worldwide. Previously, Evan was an Assistant Vice President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, where he created the center of excellence for operational risk which served the System needs for operational risk related matters. The team was in charge of the supervision of all AMA and CCAR banks in the US and developed the Fed’s CCAR model for operational risk.
- Evan earned a B.A. and M.A. in Economics from the Université Catholique de Louvain in Belgium. He received his Ph.D. in Economics from the University of California at Los Angeles.
- He has numerous publications in both academic and practitioner journals
- Evan is an editor of the Journal of Operational Risk
Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College
Stephen M Woitsky
Senior Vice President, Operational Risk Management
Bank of the West
- Hands-on and results-driven Risk Management Executive with 20+ years of leadership expertise in internal audits, regulatory compliance, controls, and overall strategic audit planning/execution for companies such as CLS Bank, Credit Suisse and UBS
- Current executive role at Bank of the West is leading teams in operational risk governance and risk management covering Consumer and Commercial Banking and Wealth Management businesses
Education and Professional Affiliations:
- Fordham Graduate Business School – MBA In Accounting, MBA in Corporate Finance
- Montclair State University – Bachelor of Science Degree in Management
Board Member, Bridges Outreach:
- Serves on the Board of a nonprofit organization dedicated to eliminating social and economic divides between the housed and the homeless, feeding the homeless in NJ and NYC while providing outreach services. Contributes to the strategic direction and execution of the organization’s mission and coordinates engagement between communities and volunteers.