Key Risk Indicators New York
Through a combination of presentations and practical exercises, this seminar offers a full review of the role and attributes of KRIs in financial services. It clarifies some confusing ideas about KRIs and offers insight on their role in a risk management framework.
Useful, preventive key risk indicators (KRIs) flag rises in risks before incidents occur. It is possible to design preventative KRIs, provided organisations understand their risk drivers and are willing to take a renewed look at their reporting practice on performance and controls.
Through a combination of presentations and practical exercises, this seminar offers a full review of the role and attributes of KRIs in financial services. It clarifies some confusing ideas about KRIs and offers insight on their role in a risk management framework. The seminar also reviews many examples of the best performing KRIs in banking and financial markets activities and proposes a step by step methodology to select and design preventive KRIs.
Our live, virtual training courses have been designed to engage and inspire you. Much more than a webinar, our approach includes:
- Technical content compressed into 60-minute interactive sessions and spread out over two, three or four days
- Facilitated collaboration including Q&A, interactive polling and group workshops
- Live interaction with subject matter experts – get your questions answered in real time
- Receive comprehensive course materials and supporting content from Risk.net to reinforce your learning
- Stay connected with other learners and extend your network by joining our dedicated LinkedIn group for course participants
What will you learn?
- Understand step by step how to select preventive KRIs
- Discuss process mapping and control design
- Apply KRI set to specific risks such as information security and project management
- Review indicators for risk culture and conduct
- Use KRIs as performance management tools
- Design an efficient indicator program in a risk management framework
Who Should Attend?
This course will be valuable to individuals and groups from a range of financial institutions. Those working in the following areas may find the course particularly relevant:
- Operational Risk Manager
- Operational Risk Analyst / Officer
- Internal Audit
- Chief Risk Officer
- Risk Appetite and Culture
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Risk Reporting
- Operational Risk Modelling
Ariane Chapelle has a PhD in Economics and is active in operational risk management since 2000, with experience acquired in managerial functions in ING Group and Lloyds Banking Group. Ariane Chapelle runs since 2006 her own training and consulting practice in risk management. Her clients include Tier 1 financial organisations such as AVIVA, AXA, HSBC, JP MORGAN and SWIFT.
Before running her practice, Dr. Chapelle was the holder to Chair of International Finance (2003-2007) of Solvay Business School (University of Brussels). She holds a PhD in Economics, a Masters in Econometrics and a Master in Business Administration.
Dr. Chapelle is Honorary Reader at the University College London in Operational Risk, Fellow of the Institute of Operational Risk and member of the editorial board of the Journal of Operational Risk. She is a trainer in operational risk since 2006 and has designed the classroom training and course series on ORM certificate for many large organisations, both in-house and in public courses. Her book « Reflexions on Risk Management », published in July 2017 is the collection of her 28 articles written on operational risk management.