Key Risk Indicators and Risk Appetite
This virtual course offers a full review of the role and attributes of KRIs in financial services. It clarifies some confusing ideas about KRIs and offers insight on their role in a risk management framework.
Through a combination of presentations and practical exercises, this live, virtual training course offers a full review of the role and attributes of KRIs in financial services. This course is of relevance primarily to those working in operational risk.
It clarifies some confusing ideas about KRIs and offers insight on their role in a risk management framework. This course also reviews many examples of the best performing KRIs in banking and financial markets activities and proposes a step by step methodology to select and design preventive KRIs.
The interactive presentations will feature in-depth, technical content compressed into 60-minute sessions and spread out over three days to keep the content at the most engaging level and to facilitate communication between participants and the course leader, Ariane Chapelle.
Our live, virtual training courses have been designed to engage and inspire you. Much more than a webinar, our approach includes:
- Technical content compressed into 60-minute interactive sessions and spread out over two, three or four days
- Facilitated collaboration including Q&A, interactive polling and group workshops
- Live interaction with subject matter experts – get your questions answered in real time
- Receive comprehensive course materials and supporting content from Risk.net to reinforce your learning
- Stay connected with other learners and extend your network by joining our dedicated LinkedIn group for course participants
What will you learn?
- Understand step by step how to select preventive KRIs
- Discuss process mapping and control design
- Apply KRI set to specific risks such as information security and project management
- Review indicators for risk culture and conduct
- Use KRIs as performance management tools
- Design an efficient indicator program in a risk management framework
Who should attend?
This course will be valuable to individuals and groups from a range of financial institutions. Those working in the following areas may find the course particularly relevant:
- Operational risk manager
- Operational risk analyst / officer
- Internal audit
- Chief risk officer
- Risk appetite and culture
- Enterprise risk management
- Risk reporting
- Operational risk modelling
Dr, Ariane Chapelle, is Honorary Reader at University College London and is an internationally recognised trainer and consultant in Risk. She teaches at UCL 'Operational Risk Measurement for Financial Institutions’ and is a Fellow of the Institute of Operational Risk..
In 2019, the firm received the Risk.net Award for ‘Outstanding Achievement in the Year in Operational Risk’. She published at Wiley Finance Series the textbook Operational Risk Management: Best Practices in the Financial Services Industry, in December 2018 that rapidly became the No.1 best seller in its field and is now translated in French by Pearson France. In 2020, the book got elected “Book of the Year” by risk.net.
Dr. Chapelle founded and runs her adivsory and training practice in risk management, serving all sizes of financial organisations and international institutions, including central banks and UN agencies. She is a former holder of the Chair of International Finance at the University of Brussels with backgrounds in internal audit, credit risk and investment risk. She has been active in operational risk management since 2000 and was formerly head of operational risk management at ING Group and Lloyds Banking Group.