About the Course
About the IFRS 9 Frankfurt training event
About the Course | IFRS 9 Frankfurt
Day one of the course will begin with a comprehensive overview of the challenges that have arisen from IFRS 9 implementation along with the impacts of IFRS9 and key governance challenges and opportunities. After lunch, presentations covered will include credit risk steering, how to manage balance sheet volatility and communicate to senior management.
Additionally, day one will include how hedge accounting can be aligned with risk management practices and reduce the volatility of the financial statements.
Day two will include sessions on stress testing methodologies under IFRS 9, models assurance, and post regulatory expectations for monitoring, reporting and benchmarking. The course will conclude by covering the regulatory response to IFRS9 and the current expectations of regulators.
What will you learn?
- The main challenges and operational impacts arising from IFRS9 implementation
- Best practice approaches to governance of IFRS9
- A new or greater understanding of hedge accounting
- Various stress testing methodologies
- How regulators have assessed implementation so far and how IFRS9 interacts with other regulations
Who Should Attend?
Relevant departments may include but are not limited to:
- Credit Risk
- Risk Steering
- Hedge Accounting
- Risk Modelling
- Internal Audit
- Stress Testing