IFRS 9 Dubai
This two day intensive training course provides hands-on expertise on the IFRS 9 impairment framework. The course combines the IASB guidance with its practical application at banks, accentuating the challenges faced by these organisations.
Complex concepts are mastered through the use of real-life case studies. For instance, scenario selection and the triggers of significant increase in credit risk are covered analysing their application at the larger European banks. Stage three is covered with a particular emphasis on the industry best practice and the regulatory definition of default.
What will you learn?
- Deep knowledge of the practical and theoretical aspects of IFRS 9 impairment three-staging framework
- The determination of scenarios, based on a benchmark analysis of how the larger and smaller banks are defining them
- The criteria for determining significant increase in credit risk in practice, based on the criteria used at the larger banks
- The definition of default, based on regulatory definitions
- An overview of the modelling challenges using a case study approach
- An overview of the IFRS 9 post-implementation challenges
- The elements of particular scrutiny by auditors
Who should attend?
Relevant departments may include but are not limited to:
- IFRS 9 accounting policy
- IFRS 9 reporting and control
- Internal audit
- Treasury and asset-liability management
- Quantitative modelling
- Risk management