The Principles of ESG Investing
Develop your understanding of the principles of ESG investing and how to successfully integrate, engage with and develop ESG investment strategies.
Join us for this virtual course which will introduce the fundamental principles of ESG investing and how current and developing trends are influencing this emerging discipline.
Key sessions on integrating ESG, ESG engagement and impact investing will explore how to develop and manage successful investment strategies.
This course will also consider the current standards surrounding ESG investing and how to approach the issue of limited data, defining materiality and climate risk.
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn how to distinguish the risks and opportunities associated with ESG investing and how this discipline will evolve in the future.
What will you learn?
- Understand the main concepts and aims of ESG investing
- How to define materiality, data and ESG scoring
- Current standards surrounding ESG investing
- How to develop successful ESG integration frameworks
- Identify key areas of growth in the ESG market
- Create successful ESG engagement programmes
- The typical characteristics of impact investing
Relevant departments may include but are not limited to:
- Investment management
- Asset management
- Asset allocation
- Financial analysis
- Portfolio management
- Governance and stewardship
- An introduction to responsible investing
- Data and materiality
- Understanding current standards
- Integrating ESG into investment strategies
- ESG engagement
- The role of impact investing
- The effect of climate risk
- Developing the principle of sustainable investing- a look to the future
CPD / CPE Accreditation
This course is CPD (Continued Professional Development) accredited and will allow you to earn up to 12 credits. One credit is awarded for every hour of learning at the event.
This course is CPE (Continuing Professional Education) accredited and will allow you to earn up to 12 credits. One credit is awarded for every hour of learning at the event in accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.