Capital Requirements Toronto
Learn what capital management currently looks like the financial industry in Toronto. The course will cover, stress testing, capital buffers, operational risk capital modelling, counterparty credit risk and many more topics.
This training course is designed to help financial institutions get to grips with capital management requirements by taking a look at important topics - OSFI stress test results, counterparty credit risk, IFRS 9 and its impact on stress testing and modelling and liquidity and leverage requirements.
What Will You Learn?
- Different capital buffers and how each one is applied and calculated
- What the OSFI most recent stress test results were and what good practice of interest rate risk in the banking book looks like
- Capital standards for market risk, the rationale behind the development of FRTB and the implementation challenges
- The market and operational implications of full CRD IV implementation
- How counterparty credit risk, SA-CCR and margin rules ae affect capital risk
- How to stress test capital and the relationship of capital adequacy in crisis scenarios
- The standardizes measurement approach and advanced measurement approach and their related issues and debates
- Rules for operational risk capital modeling
Who Should Attend?
Relevant departments may include but are not limited to:
- Liquidity risk
- Market risk
- Capital planning
- Operational risk
- Counterparty credit risk
- Stress testing
- FRTB and capital standards for market risk
- Capital Management, Capital buffers and resolution requirements
- Liquidity and leverage requirements
- Interest rate risk in the banking book
- IFRS 9 and its interaction with capital and modelling
- Stress testing capital
- Counterparty credit risk
- Capital adequacy and operational risk
founder and president
Hovik Tumasyan is the Founder and President of FinRisk Solutions. With over 20 years of combined banking and advisory services he has advised financial institutions in North America, EU and Asia that range from investment and commercial banks to government owned and multilateral banks. Hovik assists financial institutions in design and implementation of capital and liquidity management frameworks and implementation of post-crisis changes for Capital Markets businesses.
Hovik holds a PhD degree in Physics from University of Miami and a degree in Mathematical Finance from University of Oxford.
IBSM Solutions Inc.
Karl Rubach is the Managing Director and founder of Integrated Balance Sheet Management Solutions, Inc. in Toronto, Canada. He has over 20 years of international Treasury, Balance Sheet and Capital Management experience. He has lead the implementation of Risk Adjusted Return on Capital (RAROC) and Balance Sheet Optimization frameworks, including Funds and Transfer Pricing (FTP) and Economic Capital allocation.
He is a frequent speaker at industry events. He holds a master’s degree in finance as well as a bachelor’s degree in economics from ITAM Mexico. He is also a CFA charter holder.
Dr. Alex Shipilov is a Managing Director and practice leader of Risk and Compliance Practice of Protiviti in Canada. He has over 25 years of experience gained inside the financial services industry. Alex held executive positions with banking, insurance and accounting firms where he led risk management and internal audit functions, and quantitative risk advisory practices. He consulted financial institutions and corporate treasuries in Canada, the U.S., the U.K., Spain and Russia. Alex was responsible for advising clients in dealing with enterprise wide risk management and compliance challenges, financial models, risk measurement, simulation, and derivatives valuation issues.
His specific area of expertise includes implementation, review and audit of risk and capital management functions, including the development, review and audit of model risk management framework. Dr. Shipilov co-founded the Professional Risk Managers’ International Association (PRMIA.ORG), sat on its Board of Directors, strategized PRMIA’s development and the global chapter network by leading the treasury and finance functions.
KPMG & corina deaconu, executive director
Dr Alex Shipilov
managing director, risk and regulatory compliance practice leader
Learn about the effect IBOR ending is going to have on the industry and how the market will deal with the transition to risk free rates.
Sessions include changed structure of internal models, pitfalls of the NMRF, P&L attribution test regime and the default risk charge