Managing financial risk of Climate Change, Country & Political
Learn how to establish a strategic approach to manage manage the climate, country and political risks and how to embed such risks into your existing risk management framework.
Banking regulators and central banks are beginning to pay more attention to the role of climate change as source of financial risk. The recently established network of more than 60 central banks and regulators – the Network for Greening the Financial System (NGFS) – recognises the need for the banking industry to act and embed the management of climate change risks into its enterprise risk management (ERM) frameworks and processes. Politics and geopolitics are also playing an important role in all mega global trends, be in populism, climate change, industrial revolution 4.0, AI, or anti-globalization. Fighting pandemics such as coronavirus also get tangles in geopolitics.
This training course will provide attendees with the skills to develop appropriate strategies to manage the climate, country and political risks.
What will you learn?
- Incorporating the financial risk of climate change into your risk management framework
- The use of scenario analysis and stress testing to forecast the impact for your institution
- Gathering suitable data to model the effects of this emerging risk
- Guidelines on disclosures, reporting & governance of climate-related financial risks
- How to establish a strategic approach to manage the financial risks of climate change
Who should attend?
Relevant departments may include but are not limited to:
- Climate change risk
- Financial risk
- Reputational risk
- Credit risk
- Climate change risk (CCR) management
- Climate scenario analysis/stress testing
- Data management
- Disclosures, reporting and governance
- Introduction to Political and Geopolitical Risks
- Political and Geopolitical Risk Analysis
- Data and service providers and industry
- Political Risks and Geopolitics within financial institutions
Powered by the editorial excellence of Risk.net, our training courses provide practical guidance on the latest trends, challenges and regulatory changes that span risk management, regulation and derivatives.