Identifying and Managing the Financial Risks of Climate Change
Develop your knowledge on treating climate change as a financial risk.
Climate change risk is increasingly at the forefront of many financial institution’s agendas. This virtual training course will provide insight into the risks and opportunities of CCR and the how different organisations are approaching the unique challenges it brings.
Led by expert practitioners, this course will discuss the regulatory changes and initiatives for CCR as well as the importance of disclosure, reporting and governance frameworks.
Sessions will provide a deep dive into the concept of ESG for financial institutions, the challenges of data management and how effectively use stress testing and scenario analysis in the context of CCR.
Participants will have the opportunity to explore different CCR methodologies and modelling practices and understand the importance of incorporating CCR strategies into existing frameworks.
What will you learn?
- How climate change translates as a financial risk
- Regulatory expectations for financial institutions in managing climate change risk
- Successful development of comprehensive TCFD programmes
- Understand the types of data required to effectively evaluate CCR
- The difference between ‘normal’ stress testing and climate change risk stress testing
- The challenges of modelling climate change risk
Who should attend?
- Climate change risk
- Operational risk
- Reputational risk
- Enterprise risk
- Business risk
- Credit risk
- Climate change risk management
- Climate Change Risk: meeting emerging regulatory expectations
- Disclosure, reporting and governance frameworks
- Data management for climate change risk
- Climate scenario analysis and stress testing
- Climate change risk models and methodologies
- Incorporating climate change risk strategies