Applications of Blockchain Technology in Finance
This course will give an introduction to Blockchain and the current challenges. It will delve deeper into what are the risks involved with privacy, and the new application within the financial world.
This course will give an introduction to Blockchain and the current challenges. It will delve deeper into what are the risks involved with privacy, and the new application within the financial world. It will enhance your understanding of how Blockchain technology is being used, and especially in the COVID-19 environment, and how the digitalisation of the world, Blockchain’s role.
The course tutor, Dr. Lawrence Ma, is the founder and president of Blockchain, and will use different tools to share about Blockchain.
Hong Kong Blockchain Society
Dr. Lawrence Ma has over 25 years of academics, finance and technology development and business experiences.
He is currently the President of Hong Kong Blockchain Society and CEO and chief scientist of EMALI.IO Limited.
Inaugurated in 2017, Hong Kong Blockchain Society is dedicated to take part in building a vibrant blockchain community and ecosystem in Hong Kong. The Society focuses in providing blockchain training and conducting blockchain workshops for universities and enterprises. The Society has started an annual Blockchain competition for students from Hong Kong in 2018. The event has since been rebranded as Hong Kong Blockchain Olympiad and has been extended to include universities from all over the world since 2019 via the International Blockchain Olympiad.
What will you learn?
- Introduction to what Blockchain is and what it is not
- The importance and future of digital identity
- The last-mile issue of settlement for every financial transaction and financial service
- What Blockchain tokens are and different tradable assets
- Blockchain governance and off-chain and on-chain governance for both public and private blockchain
- How Blockchain is employed and how to tackle industry problems
Who should attend?
Relevant departments may include but are not limited to:
- Information and Communications Technology
- Financial Analysts
- Heads of Projects
- Introduction & challenges
- Blockchain Technology from First Principles
- Identity & Privacy
- Digital Fiat
- Asset Tokenization
- Blockchain Governance
- Blockchain Use Cases in Finance and Insurance Industry
Powered by the editorial excellence of Risk.net, our training courses provide practical guidance on the latest trends, challenges and regulatory changes that span risk management, regulation and derivatives.