Advanced Operational Risk Management - New York
This two day training course will examine the key elements of an operational risk management framework and provide guidance on how these elements can be built upon to achieve a more comprehensive and efficient framework.
From risk environment to risk culture this course covers in breadth and depth the most topical elements of operational risk management and its challenges for the financial services industry.
Taught by a world-leading expert in the field, this course is a must-have for all operational risk practitioners wishing to benchmark their strategies and discuss best practice approaches.
The interactive presentations will feature in-depth, technical content compressed into 60-minute sessions and spread out over three days to keep the content at the most engaging level and to facilitate communication between participants and the course leader, Ariane Chapelle.
What will you learn?
- Best practices in operational risk management for financial companies
- Building a framework for risk culture change
- How to differentiate and address human errors
- How to use root cause analysis most effectively
- Influencing behaviours for better control
- Identification of emerging risks
- Key elements of third party vendor risk management
- Must know about cyber security and threats
- Risk networks rather than risk registers
Who should attend
Job titles may include but are not limited to:
- Heads of operational risk
- Enterprise risk managers
- Operational risk managers
- Operations managers
- Internal auditors
- Compliance officers
Our live, virtual training courses have been designed to engage and inspire you. Much more than a webinar, our approach includes:
- Technical content compressed into 60-minute interactive sessions and spread out over two, three or four days
- Facilitated collaboration including Q&A, interactive polling and group workshops
- Live interaction with subject matter experts – get your questions answered in real time
- Receive comprehensive course materials and supporting content from Risk.net to reinforce your learning
- Stay connected with other learners and extend your network by joining our dedicated LinkedIn group for course participants
Ariane Chapelle is a professional with over 20 years' experience in teaching and training both academic and executive audiences. She has been running her own training and advisory company in Operational Risk Management since 2006. Her clients include top tier financial services companies on both sides of the Atlantic, such as SWIFT, Aviva, Credit Suisse, JP Morgan Chase, CMECE and Santander.
Ariane Chapelle is Honorary Reader at the University College London in Operational Risk and Fellow of the Institute of Operational Risk where she has chaired the Sound Practice Guidance Committee between 2013 and 2016. Her firm, Chapelle Consulting is selected on the skilled person panel of the FCA and PRA for operational risk since 2017. Dr. Chapelle is a member of the editorial Board of the Journal of Operational Risk.